Managing Director of Cryer & Stott awarded MBE for Service to the British Food Industry
3 January 2023
We are proud to share the news that Richard Holmes Managing Director of Cryer & Stott Cheesemongers, our fabulous Yorkshire Mark producer and supplier to leading restaurants, sporting stadiums, hotels & gastro pubs across the UK, has been awarded an MBE for his services to the British food industry.
Richard's passion to work with small artisan producers to bring exciting and unique products to businesses as well as building a product range focusing on innovating traditions has gained him this prestigious award.
Richard shares "I’m so proud & humbled to be given an MBE in King Charles’s first ever New Year’s Honours List. I would like to thank my wife Clare & children Samuel & Valentine for supporting me. The honour is an accolade for all the Cryer & Stott family who have worked by my side to make Cryer & Stott the success it is today."
The honour comes as the family-run business celebrates it’s 25th year in business, a huge milestone after what has been a testing few years.
Achievements at a glance:
• Creating and growing one of the most successful cheesemongers/producers of fine foods in the UK, successfully building the company from scratch into a multi-million-pound concern.
• An innovator and pioneer, Richard has created several products that are completely unique, such as ‘Duke of Wellington’ blue cheese and ‘Ruby Gold’, winning international awards for his work and putting Yorkshire on the map as a food centre of excellence.
• Championing small, local producers and working closely with them to successfully drive their products to market.
• Representing Yorkshire and the UK on the international stage, serving his unique products to royalty, ambassadors, and foreign dignitaries.
• Building – and maintaining – an impressive list of first-rate clients, from restaurant chains to Michelin-star restaurants, to the London 2012 Olympics.
• An inspiring and well-respected leader, Richard has provided meaningful employment for 25 local individuals - training, mentoring, and nurturing their skills.
• Maintaining strong links with the local community and raising money for various charitable initiatives in the Yorkshire area.
We are delighted for Richard and the Cryer & Stott team!